The Weight Loss Dilemma: How to Lose Weight Fast

The Weight Loss Dilemma: How to Lose Weight Fast
Are you happy with the numbers you see?

Saturday, June 27, 2009

What you eat on FatLoss4Idiots


The FatLoss4Idiots food groups are pretty varied, really. As I said in my last post, you can choose up to 30 food groups from a selection of 50. The choices include: chicken, fish, cottage cheese, eggs, cheese slices, milk, different kinds of fruit, vegetables of all kinds and nuts. And burgers, pasta, sandwiches,  sausages, even frozen yoghurt! The key is moderation. You usually get 1 day when all you eat is vegetables, and another day when you have mostly fruit. The diet emphasizes more protein, but I love my proteins, so no problem for me.


So what happens if you're vegetarian? They have a special section for that. The online Diet Generator can whip you up a meal plan based on vegetarian food choices too, so that shouldn't be a problem.


What about Drinks?

It's really important to drink a lot of water every day. Water fuels the fat-burning process. We aim for at least 8-10 glasses a day. Low-cal sodas, coffee and iced/hot tea with lemon are also allowed. Easy on the sugar though. That's where lots of hidden calories creep in and sabotage things. During the 11-days, sugar substitutes are recommended, but I just try to go without cos I don't like the taste. One glass of wine a day is also budgeted for, but I don't drink, so that's not an issue with me.


Food Group Arrangements

The food groups are arranged in interesting ways, which took me a while to adjust to, but no big deal really. My first time, I had scrambled eggs and peanuts! I wondered whether I was supposed to cook my eggs with the nuts or what? But no, you can have them separately. Or just the eggs with no nuts. Or the nuts, no eggs. One more example: Green and red veggies (any kind) + a bowl of baked beans. Not hard, right? Quick green & red salad and beans form a can. For me, can't be easier.


Fruit days are toughest for me, cos they never make me feel very full, and I get hungry really fast. Although we get 1 meal with any kind of deli sandwich (turkey, ham, roast beef etc), I miss my meat during the rest of the day and feel a little weaker, so on fruit days, I try to keep my activities easy-going. I also hit the sack a lot earlier so my stomach doesn't rumble for too long and kick in cravings halfway in the night.

 

Some people said this way of eating is not balanced, but they were basing that statement on only 1 or 2 meal plans. When you look at it as a whole over 11 days, the meals are really healthy. I have picture versions of my meal plans and I can see the variety of things that I eat. It's really colorful too.


And you have choices, so if you don't like cooking, you can manage with stuff that's quick to throw together. Sausages, ham or turkey breast slices, or chicken from a deli are all quick and easy. If you like cooking, then you can be creative about it too. Make sure you tick the assortment of nuts too, cos they make things a lot easier and convenient as well.


If you want to check out the FatLoss4Idiots website, just click here.

3 comments:

  1. Ah! Just saw this post after commenting on a previous one. Well, if the pictures you have chosen truly represent the food selection, then I must say this looks quite attractive. Is this what your meal plan looks like? I said before that I thought it was quite a good idea to use pictures, and I can see here how this would be much easier to refer to. Thank you!

    Are recipes easily available? Does the programme come with any? I do like to cook my own meals but wonder whether this diet requires any special preparation.

    Your feedback would be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janine! Thx stopping by :)

    1st, yes my meal plan looks as colorful as this. Each takes up about a half page and is divided in to 4 rows, 1 for each meal. Glad you like the idea. I have really found it SO convenient.

    Recipes don't come with the meal plans. There are guidelines provided. However, I have found some really good ideas for recipes online, especially here: http://www.caloriesperhour.com/forums/forum3/528.html

    As for special preparation, really, it depends on you. As long as what you add to the dishes fall within the guidelines of your meal combination and doesn't add too many unnecessary calories, go right ahead.

    They advise against eating food with too much sauce (can consume lotsa hidden calories that way), but with every meal, you can have salsa to accompany meat/fish dishes (or anything else you would like to eat it with) as well as things like ketchup and mustard.

    I hope this helps. let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for replying. I've been away on holiday and have put on some weight! I think it's time to give this a try. Thank you for your detailed explanations.

    ReplyDelete